“A Php100,000 wedding? Ang saya siguro kung sama-sama tayo sa isang wedding!”
Over breakfast while at Abe’s Farm in Pampanga, these suppliers were chatting when an idea came to them. What if they work together in one wedding? Imagine 15 of the brightest wedding suppliers working taking care of one wedding. How lucky must the bride feel to have these amazing suppliers work on her big day!
This simple idea started the ball rolling. It was an idea of a fun project to give one lucky bride to have her dream wedding for just Php100,000. This was a #wawlovinlimangfamilia history.
After all the laughter and stories, we were positive we would definitely have fun working together. It would be efficient, too, since we all knew each other already. So we pooled common dates, thought of what we can contribute, and finalized a rate that’s a mere fraction of our fees combined.
The mechanics were pretty simple. We wanted a WaWie to become the recipient of this promo because we also wanted to give back to WaW for being such a blessing to all of us. It so happened that it was the 15th year of WaW, thus, the choice of our promo name.
Couples sent in entries, we read through them, and eventually we voted on a winner.
The Generous Suppliers
1. Aisle 1401: Full coverage, SDE, highlights video, raw footage
3. Boy Kastner Santos Couture: Bridal gown and groom’s suit
4. Perfect 10 Weddings by Darlene Tan-Salazar: Basic emceeing package, including unlimited consultations via Skype/Facetime, programme planning, workbook, and audio CD for the songs
5. Events by Thoffy: Half of an OTD package (preps to ceremony)
6. Kiss the Girl Events: Half of an OTD package (reception only with visit to the preps site for actual turnover of items
7. Loi Floral Sense by Serge Igonia: 1 bridal bouquet; 2 mothers’ bouquets; 6 godmothers’ bouquets; 3 secondary sponsors’ bouquets; 2 bridesmaids’ bouquets; 1 maid of honor bouquet; 2 flower girl sets (basket + headdress)
8. Mezarc Buslon: Service-only package
9. Moki Gray Designs: Reception styling for maximum of 150 guests, welcome area with seating board, couple’s area, simple photo backdrop, tablescapes for 13 guest tables and 2 VIP tables, fresh flowers
10. New Yorker Florals: Basic ceremony package, 10 aisle arrangements; 1 altar arrangement, 2 offertory baskets, 2 candle arrangements
11. Rejectkrew Professional Lights & Sounds by Elmer Bautista: Basic sound system and lights package
12. Tippy Dee: Bride plus 2 package
13. Toy Cakes and Pastries: Three-layered cake (by 6-inch base and edible bottom layer)
14. Unity Coins c/o WeddingsatWork
The Lucky [email protected]
Congratulations, Kerby and Arra!
The Wedding Day
March 27, 2015 was a highly anticipated date. Everyone was excited to see everyone. Yes, their preps venue Crosswinds and ceremony/reception venue Angelfields radiated a sense of anticipation and lots of energy from suppliers, who wanted to do well.
Tippy Dee and team waved their wands, err… their brushes and curling irons. Events by Thoffy and Kiss the Girl Events worked together as though they had been coordinating together for some time.
Boy Kastner Santos arrived with the most awaited bridal gown and groom’s suit. These were complemented by the bouquet and boutonnière of Serge Igonia, who also provided the floral needs of the entourage and the ceremony
Alex Ruelo of ImagineNation as lead photographer, Mezarc Buslon and team as auxiliary photographers, and Aisle 1401 as videographers got busy right away documenting everything in sight, including the two-tone unity coins from WeddingsatWork.
More details at the ceremony stage and reception registration area came as a result of the working hands of Moki Gray Designs. Wires for lights and sounds were meticulously laid out by Rejectkrew Professional Lights & Sounds by Elmer Bautista as toy cakes and pastries arrived with the couple’s thematic cake.
Before the ceremony ended, Perfect 10 Weddings by Darlene Tan-Salazar arrived. That signaled the completion of Kerby and Arra’s Lovin’ Limang Familia.
The Lovin’ Limang Familia proved to be a fun moment for the suppliers. It was a fitting celebration for WeddingsatWork’s 15th anniversary. Should we do this again? 🙂